Sleeping is such an important thing to get good grades
If this is your first time living in a student hall of residence (student dorm) or a student house, you may be surprised by your bed. From my experience of living in a student hall and then student houses, the quality of the bed and mattress are not really taken into too much consideration.
Quite often, the mattresses are designed for functionality rather than comfort. The thought possibly being functional and longevity over comfort.
It’s not that you won’t be able to sleep on these (certainly after a few beers in the student lounge), but they may not be of the same comforts you’re used to at home.
So, what’s the solution?
Buying a new mattress only for you is not a viable solution to this problem. There is a simple solution to this dilemma though. Its a solution you can pick up and take with you when you move to a different room or house. A solution you can pack up and even use when you finish your education.
It’s a solution you may, or may not have already thought. What is it? Quite simply, a mattress topper.
What is a mattress topper?
A mattress topper is an additional comfort layer that is added to a core mattress to increase the longevity and also increase the comfort of the mattress.
Quite simply, it’s a separate layer you buy and place on top of the mattress. It not only protects you from the mattress (that’s the case for most student digs), but on top of that, it adds that extra layer of comfort. It could be the difference between you having a good or bad nights sleep.
Mattress toppers can be taken with you, certainly far easier than a mattress, and they are cheaper than buying a new mattress.
Cheap and effective solution
A mattress topper is a cheaper and very effective solution. With a topper you get
- An additional comfort layer
- It also protects the mattress (and protects you if its an older mattress).
Finally, here are 5 Top Mattress Topper Facts you may enjoy
1. A suitable mattress topper will protect your mattress from the three evils. Body perspiration, dead skin/ bacteria and indentations/ settlement issues.
2. A high-quality mattress topper will provide additional comfort layers, providing you with an even more comfortable and forgiving mattress.
3. A mattress topper will help extend the life of a mattress, especially a no turn Memory foam mattress as you can turn and rotate the topper to reduce compression or wear. It can also be replaced more easily and cost-effectively than the entire mattress.
4. Usually, the topper is made of the same or similar material as the mattress ie memory foam with a memory foam topper vs natural wool pocket sprung bed with a wool or cashmere topper. This is to keep consistency with the mattresses comfort and response levels. However, there is nothing to stop you experimenting with different topper materials.
5. A mattress topper can make a good bed fantastic, and make a bad bed much more bearable!